Aircraft Ground Support requirement for maintenance and operation of Preconditioned Air units (PCA) and Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) supplying air to the cabin
The provisions of this standard cover minimum performance requirements and design parameters for Preconditioned Air units (PCA) devices supplying air the aircraft cabin. It identifies the need for interim and future performance improvement for ground equipment delivery systems, to meet industry requirement for reducing airborne compounds or particulates (“source types”) in aircraft cabin and flight deck. Provided information will guide PCA manufactures, IATA, GSEE, and airline operators meeting new standards.
• This standard defines minimum performance and maintenance requirements for filtration and hose assemblies
• This standard defines for level humidity supplier by the ground equipment to the aircraft cabin
• This standard defines minimum performance and maintenance requirements for digital communication between cabin and PCA
• This standard addresses interface installation of the sensor unit with the aircraft cabin
• The data collected by these sensors is not intended to assess impacts on aircraft occupant health and should not be used to make a finding of airworthiness.
Rationale: This standard has been requested by industry to guide the development of new requirements and procedures for improving existing and future Preconditioned Air units (PCA) air quality delivering to the cabin, while the aircraft is on the ground. The new standard will facilitate more productive maintenance, storage and mitigation strategies of ground equipment supplying air to cabin. There is a need for reducing cabin and air distribution duct contamination and cabin exposure to high humidity on the ground.