This standard covers low voltage primary cable intended for use at a nominal system voltage of 60 V DC (25 V AC) or less in surface vehicle electrical systems. The tests are intended to qualify cables for normal applications with limited exposure to fluids and physical abuse
Rationale: • Updated definition of plastic and referenced ASTM D 833 versus ASTM F 1251
• Referenced ASTM D 5374 and ASTM D 5423 versus ASTM E 145
• Removes SAE J1067 and SAE J1292 from related or referenced specifications
• Updated definition of thermoset
• Updated title of SAE J1654
• Use of separators are now optional
• Revised the Resistance to Sandpaper Abrasion test to allow conductive strip width tolerance
• Revised the ATF fluid to Dexron VI
• Revised Appendix C with current SAE Reference Material information
Included in: Ground Vehicle Lighting Subscription Learn More
Also known as: SAE J 1128
Save money while getting up-to-date access to the standards you need! Subscribe to the SAE J1939 Standards Collection on the Web and get one year of anytime access and automatic updates to the J1939 family of documents, plus all cross-referenced and selected related documents.
Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content.
Learn More »