Three-Point Hitch (Type A) Backhoe Personnel Protection
This SAE Recommended Practice applies to three-point hitch (Type A) backhoes as defined in SAE J326 when mounted on either an agricultural tractor as defined in ANSI/ASAE S390 or other off-road self-propelled work machine as defined in SAE J1116. This criterion is intended for the manufacturer of the backhoe, whether or not the backhoe is manufactured or marketed by the same company that manufactures or markets the propelling machine.
Rationale: This document is being revised including the following:
• Removal of various referenced Standards that have been cancelled or where the reference was not valid.
• Addition of various referenced Standards replacing others that have been cancelled.
• Correcting of “revision numbers” of certain referenced Standards to show the most current version.
• Addition of titles for certain referenced Standards where titles were previously omitted.
• Addition of reference to ASAE standard for agricultural tractors.
• Correction of typographical errors.
• Use of more commonly used terms or requirements.