This standard covers supplemental requirements for low tension primary cable intended for use as Fusible Links (Fuse
Links) at a nominal system voltage of 60 V DC (25 V AC) or less in surface vehicle electrical systems. These
supplemental requirements are intended to qualify cables for an extreme current overload.
Rationale:This document is being revised to include the following:
• Update format
• Changed tension to voltage for consistency between documents
• Added SAE J1127 to Applicable Publications
• Removed unnecessary Related Specifications
• Added reference to SAE J1127 in Section 4, as a gauge size from this document is currently being used in fusible
links and adjusted text to reflect this
• Removed Section 5 “Additional Requirements” as these are requirements and will be moved to Section 4
• Modified Section 4.3 to reflect a “minimum of 500 cold cranking amps”
Also known as: SAE J 156
Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content.
Learn More »