This SAE Standard covers hose and hose assemblies intended for conducting liquid and gaseous R134a and/or R-1234yf refrigerant in automotive air-conditioning systems. The hose shall be designed to minimize permeation of the refrigerant, contamination of the system, and to be functional over a temperature range of -30 to 125 °C. Specific construction details are to be agreed upon between user and supplier. A hose marked “J2064 - R134a”, “J2064 - R-1234yf” or “J2064 - R134a/R-1234yf” signifies that it has been coupled, tested, and has met the requirements of SAE J2064 for the marked refrigerant(s). A hose marked “J2064” without any reference to refrigerant signifies that it has been coupled, tested, and has met the requirements of SAE J2064 for R134a only. It is the hose assembly manufacturer’s responsibility to see that the assemblies meet the specified acceptance criteria for this specification.
Rationale: Changes made to this document include:
- Title: changed to include R-1234yf and assemblies
- Scope: Changed to include R-1234yf. Hose labeling requirements added.
- Permeation: Acceptance criteria added for R-1234yf.
- Moisture Ingression: Steady state redefined to allow more variation in data when average results are below 50% of specification limit after 28 days.
- Field assembled hoses section added.
Included in: Fluid Conductors and Connectors Subscription Learn More
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC)Air conditioningRefrigerantsHoses
Also known as: SAE J 2064
Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content.
Learn More »