SafeCAN: Using CAN in Real-time Deterministic and Safety-critical Applications
The scope involves CAN (Controller Area Network) based, serial data communications using time-triggered technology in a real-time and deterministic fashion and suitable for supporting safety critical applications.
Rationale: SafeCAN is a communication system architecture using time-triggered principles based on the CAN protocol thus providing a low cost solution for the design of vehicle system architectures. SafeCAN has been demonstrated and used in several applications and currently there is a need to develop and/or document a report to include:
1. SafeCAN application domains and examples
2. A SafeCAN based design process and methodology for real-time, deterministic, and safety-critical applications
3. A SafeCAN reference design including hardware and software considerations
4. Application design, implementation, testing, and validation considerations
5. A list of performance measures with typical results to illustrate SafeCAN performance