Seamless Low-Carbon Steel Tubing Annealed for Bending and Flaring
This SAE Standard covers cold drawn and annealed seamless low-carbon steel pressure tubing intended for use as hydraulic lines and in other applications requiring tubing of a quality suitable for flaring and bending.
Rationale: Standard requires 5 year review and update
1. Added ASTM and EN standards to related publications applicable to J524 tube.
2. Removed non applicable ASTM standards in related publications
3. Section 5; refined straightness definition to align with other SAE, ASTM and international standards
4. Section 5; reworded end condition to align with acceptable phrasing in other documents
5. Section 5; added header to label paragraph as surface condition aligning with accepted standards
6. Section 6; refined chemistry tolerance to afford application of global commonly available grades
Included in: Fluid Conductors and Connectors Subscription Learn More
Also known as: SAE J 524
Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content.
Learn More »