Welded and Cold Drawn Low-Carbon Steel Tubing Annealed for Bending and Flaring
This SAE Standard covers normalized electric-resistance welded, cold-drawn, single-wall, low-carbon steel pressure tubing intended for use as pressure lines and in other applications requiring tubing of a quality suitable for bending, flaring, forming, and brazing.
In an effort to standardize within a global marketplace and ensuring that companies can remain competitive in an international market it is the intent to convert to metric tube sizes which will:
• Lead to one global system
• Guide users to preferred system
• Reduce complexity
• Eliminate inventory duplications
Rationale: This five year review of the SAE J525 standard incorporates revisions requested by producers, fabricators and users of this material type. The updates include the following:
1. Added recommendation for the use of metric size materials.
2. Edited list of applicable publications.
3. Edited list of related publications.
4. Revised straightness note to comply with latest verbiage.
5. Revised tube end condition note to comply with latest verbiage.
6. Revised surface finish note to comply with latest verbiage.
7. Updated corrosion protection note to comply with latest verbiage.
8. Update packaging note to comply with latest verbiage.
9. Revised Sulfur and Phos. requirements in table 3 to harmonize with J403 document.
10. Revised section 6 “check analysis” to “product analysis.”
11. Revised wording of test certificate requirement in section 9.
Included in: Fluid Conductors and Connectors Subscription Learn More
Included in: Vehicle Electrification Subscription Learn More
Also known as: SAE J 525
Subscribers can view annotate, and download all of SAE's content.
Learn More »