Rationale: Revised Figure 2 - Photometric requirements for harmonized front fog lamp luminous intensity (cd) to correct errors and harmonize with current ECE R19 requirements.
1. Revised left side of drawn Line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 in the figure to end at correct angular value. Current lines extend to the left beyond specified angular extent of each line.
2. Reordered footnotes to list in a more logical order.
3. Separated current footnote #3 into footnote #4 for Line 6 and #5 for Line 7 to help with clarity.
4. Corrected footnote #4 that line 6 is a maximum and minimum measured line.
5. Corrected footnote #5 to state Line 7 is required to be less than 50% of Line 6 maximum. Current footnote incorrectly states Line 7 is required to be less than 50% of Line 6 minimum.
6. Revised drawn Line 6 and 7 along with modifying the text box pointing to each to indicate there is an asymmetric option to reduce the inboard angular extent if the lamps are a pair of lamps with an asymmetric beam pattern. This harmonizes with the current ECE R19.
7. Added footnote #7 allowing inboard angular relief for lines 6 and 7 consistent with figure modification above.
Included in: Ground Vehicle Lighting Subscription Learn More