SAE Standards Development
SAE Shared and Digital Mobility Committee seeks members
New, innovative, and disruptive shared and digital mobility solutions are emerging globally. To enable clarity and collaboration, SAE International is pleased to announce the establishment of the Shared and Digital Mobility Committee
. This committee will develop and maintain SAE Standards, Recommended Practices, and Information Reports on various topics including, but not limited to:
- Shared mobility technology, solutions, and models
- Digital reservation of rides, vehicles, bikes, parking, etc.
- Payment integration and new applications
- Data specifications
- Accessible mobility solutions
The advancements of shared and digital mobility solutions and services have resulted in an increased number of proposed terms and definitions to describe these options. Currently, many of these terms are not consistently named, defined, or used in literature and practice. To address this, the Shared and Digital Mobility Committee plans to develop a glossary of terms and definitions as its initial task.
SAE is actively recruiting technical committee members to participate in the development of industry standards related to shared and digital mobility technologies and models. We welcome individuals from private companies, non-profit organizations, academia, research, government, and consultancy practices to participate in this important endeavor for the future of shared and digital mobility.
You are invited to join the Shared and Digital Mobility Committee of SAE International in this important work of developing future mobility standards. To join the committee’s first meeting on November 7, 2017, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST (UTC−5):
- Register at MySAE
- Join our mailing list by sending Annie Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org) your SAE Customer Number along with the name of this committee.
- Access WebEx presentation and dial-in information.
- Share with relevant colleagues and peers for consideration.
To learn more or get involved in SAE’s Shared and Digital Mobility Committee, please contact:
Global Ground Vehicle Standards SAE International email@example.com