The Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems Panel is responsible for:
• Development of standards, processes, and practices related to Flight Control Systems, and the integration of controls and actuation systems for Commercial and Military air vehicles.
• Development of standards, processes, and practices related to the specification of the Flight Control functions within Military Vehicle Management Systems (VMS), and for the developing guidelines for the interface and redundancy required between the VMS and other safety critical systems.
• Conversion of Military Specifications related to Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems into industry standards.
• Coordinate with other organizations working with Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems
• Providing a forum for government Flight Controls and Vehicle Management System engineers, prime contractors, and suppliers to exchange:
– Technical information,
– Recent technology developments,
– Issues related to system development and in service operation,
– Lessons learned.
SAE Staff Representatives: