The Electrohydrostatic Actuation Panel is a panel to promote the advancement of Electrohydrostatic Actuation and control in sciences, technologies, engineering practices, and standards associated with the design, manufacture, operation, and support of aerospace vehicles as follows.
• Create and maintain Aerospace Information Reports (AIRs), Aerospace Recommended Practices (ARPs), and Aerospace Standards (ASs).
• Recommend original and or revised editions of Government Standards and Specifications.
• Convert Government Military Specifications & Standards to Non-Government Industry Standards.
• Provide the forum for the technical interchange of engineering knowledge related to Electrohydrostatic Actuation technologies.
• Support the work of ISO/TC20/SC10, including voting, with respect to Electrohydrostatic Actuation technologies.
• Perform as the primary US technical consultative body in its field and assist Government agencies and departments, and other industry groups by providing impartial advice and counsel on technical, operational, safety, and other related matters. In such cases, the A-6 Committee Chairman is the authorized spokesperson for Panel A-6B2.
• The scope of Panel activities shall include but may not be limited to assisting the industry in the specification, design, development, verification, and support of electrohydrostatic actuators (including their components) and actuation systems by providing information and documents discussing:
– System descriptions
– Specification guides
– Component standards
– Integration guides
– Test methods
– Lessons learned
The scope of these efforts will cover primary, secondary, and utility actuation employed on current and future manned and unmanned aircraft, spacecraft, and missiles.
SAE Staff Representatives: