A6C2 is responsible for:
• Development of standards, processes, and practices related to Seals, Scrapers and Bearings used in actuation systems for Commercial and Military air vehicles.
• Development of standards, processes, and best practices related to the specification of Seals, Scrapers and Bearings intended for use in aircraft.
• Conversion of Military Specifications related to Seals, Scarpers and Bearings into industry standards.
• Coordinate with other SAE Panels and Organizations working with Aircraft Actuation Systems or other mechanisms requiring Seals, Scarpers or Bearings.
• Providing a forum for government engineers, prime contractors, OEMs and suppliers to exchange:
– Technical information,
– Recent technology developments,
– Issues related to Seals, Scrapers and Bearings during development and in service operation,
– Lessons learned.
SAE Staff Representatives: