New, innovative, and disruptive digital mobility solutions are emerging globally. The Shared and Digital Mobility Committee will:
Focus on developing and maintaining SAE Standards, Recommended Practices, and Information Reports that relate to shared and digital mobility technologies and models.
• Cover topics that include mobile applications for trip aggregation, payment processing, booking (or reserving) rides, vehicles, parking spots and other mobility services as well as commuter demand management and various other mobility use cases.
• Develop, review, and maintain terms and definitions that are commonly used in the shared and digital mobility space in partnership with government, private agencies, academia, and technical societies.
• Cover data specifications to harmonize transit feeds, payment mechanisms, APIs and data that are shared among various parties including academia, private and public sectors, as well as transit and planning agencies.
• Provide a forum for the open exchange and development of standards on cross-cutting disciplines where software, hardware, and dataset design among others intersect.
• Ensure a global framework for governments and planners across the world to understand, and thus enable better management of emerging new models and technologies.
SAE Staff Representatives: